Thank you for your interest in helping Arms Wide by providing items on our wish list.
Arms Wide has an incredible foster care resource room called the Angel Room. The Angel Room is used by foster families as a resource when children come into care in emergency situations and need basic necessities to get them through their first few days in foster care. Many foster children come into care late at night after being removed from their homes by CPS and often have nothing but the clothes on their backs. The Angel Room ensures that these children have the essentials during their first few days in their new foster home.
To purchase in one-click, check out our Amazon Wish List. Don’t forget to use AmazonSmile, so a percentage of your donation purchase will be donated to us!
ANGEL ROOM WISH LIST
- Gift Cards to Target, Walmart, or Amazon
- Weighted blankets
- New clothes (for all ages; must be new with tags)
- New shoes
- Backpacks and duffle bags
- Diapers, especially sizes 2 through 5
- Baby wipes
- Toiletries like baby shampoo, baby powder, diaper cream, and culturally sensitive hair products
- Toys, stuffed animals, board games, dolls and legos
- Car seats
- Coloring books
HELP FAMILIES IN THE PROCESS
- $50 Amazon or Lowe’s gift cards so families can purchase a 5lb fire extinguisher
- Fire Escape Ladder
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Medicine Lock Box
- Medicine Lock Box for Fridge
ONGOING WISH LIST
- Restaurant Gift Cards for current foster families for Foster Care Appreciation Month
- Gift cards – Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon and grocery stores work best for our families
- In-kind meal donations for client appreciation events (Holiday Party in December and Foster Care Appreciation Dinner in May)
Please contact Emily Person at email@example.com or 713-681-6991 if you are interested in donating items on our wish list.