All families in Texas who wish to foster or adopt a child or children from foster care must complete specific training curriculum as part of the licensing process. That means that in order to open your heart and home to a child in need of a family, you must come learn more about parenting an adopted child who may need some extra attention and reassurance from you. During pre-service training, families learn about the types of trauma foster children endured, their resulting behaviors, the emotional scars, and the interventions that are successful in addressing trauma and helping them heal.
|9/5/2017||Tuesday||6pm-9pm||Intro Child Welfare and TBRI – Intro to Brain Development|
|9/7/2017||Thursday||5pm-9pm||Visitation and Normalcy|
|9/12/2017||Tuesday||5pm-9pm||TBRI – Overview of Empowering, Connecting and Correcting|
|9/14/2017||Thursday||6pm-9pm||Sexual Abuse Awareness and Intervention|
|9/19/2017||Tuesday||6pm-9pm||Cultural Diversity, SIDS and SBS and Loss & Grief|
|9/26/2017||Tuesday||5pm-9pm||Non Violent Crisis Intervention|
|10/3/2017||Tuesday||5pm-9pm||Policies and Procedures|
Attending Training Tips:
- Please dress casually and comfortably for all training sessions.
- Please bring a pen or pencil to take notes.
- Children will NOT be allowed in Pre-Service Training. You should arrange for your own child care services.
- First Aid/Infant/Child/Adult CPR is required.
- Everyone must attend every session, in order.
- In case office closures due to weather you will be notified by your recruiter.
If you are interested in any of these pre-service training classes, please contact our Bilingual Trainer and Recruiter Pamela Castro at email@example.com or 713-681-6991 to learn more or RSVP.